Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Gentle Reminders in Time of Trouble

If you are the parent of a child with special needs chances are good you have been through times when it seemed there were just no answers for your child. We are there AGAIN. There are health issues though we have a medical team who works very hard. The in-home support staff left a little over a week ago and we are back to trying to do it all ourselves.

The Lord gave me the Lighthouse Concept a long time ago yet when we go through survival with our kids it is easy to lose focus at least temporarily. He has a way of reminding me where the best help can be found.

One of those reminders came a few days ago. Billy Ray has been sick with severe sinus and ear infections plus the abdominal problems the medical professionals have been trying to resolve for over a year now. With him being ill and not having support staff I have not been in the Word and having quality time with the Lord as I like to.

In desperation, I went to the Lord and just acknowledged that I didn’t know how to help my son. While thumbing through the Bible to the passage I was looking for my eyes caught John 8:12 a verse I love “***I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.”

The Psalmist cried out “But, Lord, don’t be far away. You are my strength; hurry to help me.” (Psalms 22:19 NCV) The Lord is never far away but when we get in survival mode with our children’s problems sometimes we take our eyes off Him. The Light (wisdom, insight) is there waiting to help us if we turn the connection toward Him.

Until next time,
Peggy Lou Morgan
Blogs: Amazon Blog and Parenting a Complex Child
Websites: Parenting Your Complex Child and Lighthouse Parents
Club Mom Articles
Yahoo Group

No comments: