Saturday, August 19, 2006

Weariness

I love my EBible software. When I am in Billy Ray’s room waiting for him to go to sleep I often do searches about how I am feeling. The other night I did one for “weary” because I was.

Several comforting scriptures came up in my search but one that surprised me. I never really think of God as becoming weary in fact in Isaiah 40:28 it says that he never faints or grows weary. So when I read Isaiah 43:24b (NKJV) “But you have burdened Me with your sins,You have wearied Me with your iniquities.” It caused me to reflect on it a bit.

In the verses before just before this one, God had been saying that Jacob and Israel failed to call on him. He felt rejected by their failure to maintain closeness. The weariness came out of iniquities that probably wouldn’t have happened if they had stayed in touch with the Father.

I think there are some similarities to our reactions to our children. We do get tired and even weary in attempting to understand and care for our complex children. Like the Father we don’t faint and get so weary we stop caring for them. We continue to love them with the unconditional love of the Father.

Billy Ray demonstrated that love to me in an unexpected way. Mother’s Days had always been hard for me because of my infertility. Billy Ray’s adoption healed that pain. When he was a teenager we were driving home from a very special Mother’s Day service at church. I tried to explain to him that Mother’s Day is special to me because I am his mother and how hard it had been before him. He punched me really hard in the shoulder. I was crushed.

Later I thought about that. Despite his rejection of my sharing I loved him still and understood that he was not able to grasp what I was saying. The Father’s love for us is so strong than even though we fail to turn to Him in crisis or reject His help in multiple instances, He loved us enough to send His own son that we might be saved.

It is comforting to think of the Father being able to understand weariness and our human impatience.

Until next time,
Peggy Lou Morgan
My Other Blogs: Parenting A Complex Special Needs Child and Amazon Connect
Websites: Parenting Your Complex Child and Lighthouse Parents
Club Mom
Yahoo Group

No comments: